About the Bus Tour
The saying that everything is bigger in Texas extends far past the vibrant and massive local beer scene to an array of local distilleries producing an array of excellent spirits, including whisky, gin, vodka, rum, and agave-based concoctions, and more brewed right here in Dallas - Fort Worth. Come with us and have a taste — of the local spirits scene.
What to Expect
There are as many distilleries in Texas as there were in the country when the American craft whiskey scene started gaining traction after the Great Recession of 2008, and Dallas-Fort Worth is at the center of the revolution.
As we waited for our whiskey to age, we created vodkas and gins that showcased Texas grains and botanicals. Next, we went on to corn whiskeys and moonshine, which became more and more popular nationwide. As local distilleries started producing single malt whiskeys made from malted barley grown in the state, a small distillery in Denison won the first-ever World's Best Bourbon award at the beginning of 2020, the first time a distillery outside Kentucky achieved such recognition. This event changed the game and threw the North Texas craft industry into the national spotlight.
So what is this tour about? It's a discovery journey to sip, sample, and buy North Texas's best homegrown spirits while learning some of the secrets of the craft of distilling magic.
- We will visit three distilleries and have a tasting at each of them.
- A fun and friendly distillery tour, we will meet a master distiller at one of the facilities we visit,
to provide expert information about fermentation, infusion, bottling, and distilling.
- Food - Distilleries generally do not have a kitchen; depending on your tour route, we will have food delivered or stop at a local place for lunch or dinner.
- Round trip transportation - the number of guests will determine the size of the vehicle. Let us know if you would like a party bus (at least 12 guests), and we can arrange that.
- Promotional pricing at some of the distilleries we visit if you decide to bring home some of the goodies.
The tour is four to five hours long, depending on your location (commuting takes time...). Whether you prefer vodka or small-batch bourbon, local honey-laced whiskey, or grapefruit- and pecan-infused gin, you've got your pick.
- Tasting at each of the establishments we visit.
- Lunch or Dinner is included in your tour.
- Round-trip transportation.
Great For: Spirits Enthusiasts, Bachelor Party, Corporate Gathering, Friends Outing, Visitors